Saturday, April 22, 2017

The strength to carry on

People keep telling me that I am strong. 
I have to admit that I have always considered myself a strong person. But in my former belief system the accepted idea was that you are GIVEN the strength you need, when you needed it.

So I used to believe in something outside of me. 
I used to think that I was never enough. 
But since then I have learned that I am. 
I am me.
I am enough. 
All I will ever need is already in me.

Last summer a very dear friend reminded me that 
I am not here to learn how to be me. 
I am here to remember and recognize who I already am. 

I am grateful for the freedom that lies in knowing that I don't have to depend on anything other than me. I am enough. 

I have written more about my beliefs in this blogpost. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...